[GeoStL] Re: Another scare

  • From: "BottomFeeder" <BottomFeeder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 19:21:13 -0600

-

The problem is anything different, strange, abnormal, 'a bit loony', or
whatever terminology one chooses to utilize has the *potential* to draw =
the
attention of authorities these days. And unfortunately, 'terrorist' is
probably going to be one of the first words that comes to their mind in =
such
situations. Personally, if I knew nothing about it and saw someone =
puttering
around in roughly a 30ft diameter circle, stopping occasionally, looking =
at
something in their hand, and then walking around some more, my first
thoughts would probably include things like 'homeless' and 'Mad Dog
20-20'.<g>

I also wonder though how many actual law enforcement types really spend =
all
that much time worrying about terrorism. Obviously there are some as the
incident in Indiana a while back would indicate. But it also seems like
native born American criminals give 'em plenty of 'job =
security'....probably
more than they want or need.=20

Are there no police officers amongst the ranks of SLAGA members?=20

     -=3D Russ =3D- (BotFee)

Subject field