[GeoStL] Another new caching topic

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GC-maillist" <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:41:25 -0500

-
After all the "discussions" on what's proper for the geostl maillist, I'm not
sure if I should post this here, in the forums, on an event planning page, or
on Xitaqua's site. But here goes.......
I've been contacted by Valerie, a reporter for the Post who wants to do an
article on geocaching. She'd like to see how it works, find a few caches, take
pictures, and talk to some in our group.

I know this isn't much lead-time, but I just finalized the details with her.
I'm meeting her tomorrow at 9:30AM at Laumeier County Park (Rott Road and Geyer
in Sunset Hills-main lot) and everyone is invited. There are 3 or 4 in that
park and then she can decide if she's had enough or wants to try a few more. A
photographer will also join us so some may make the paper.

She has been doing some research on GC.com and our site, and is looking to buy
a GPS for caching, so she understands the game.

So, no need to contact me; just show up at Laumeier if you can. If someone
can't make it that early, let me know and I'll give you my cell # and you can
call to find out where we are. I assume we'll stay in the south city/county
area since she lives near Tower Grove park.

Rich
Subject field