[GeoStL] Another Garmin Support Story

  • From: "Mike Griffin" <griff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 14:27:23 -0500

-
I called Garmin today and told them I dropped my GPSr in a parking lot and the plastic tab that holds the back battery cover in place cracked. I needed a new battery cover. He looked up the part number and found that they had them in stock.

The part was $10.00 and Shipping was $6.44 ground. I thought this to be extremely reasonable. Before I said anything, he said he would waive the $10.00 if I agreed to pay the shipping. WOW! What great service! I paid the $6.44 shipping and I will bet that I have it before the end of the week.

Just can't beat that Garmin service!

Mike