[GeoStL] Re: Another 60 CSx Question

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 18:23:04 -0500

Jack may have the right answer. Version 4 of Mapsource (metroguide) was the
last to do auto-routing in the GPS although the newer versions will still
autoroute on the PC, just not on the GPS.

You need CN ver 8 (still uses Mapsource as the engine) to get the routes using
the GPS. When I first got my Legend Cx, I loaded both Mapsource 4 and Mapsource
6. That allowed me to play with the routing using the older ver 4 maps but I
still had access to the newer maps in Ver 6. Routing would get me close and if
it was a newer part of town or a new highway, I could drive to wherever and see
the car symbol on the newer map.

Rich