[GeoStL] Re: An actual geocaching topic...what do you think about the frisbee rule?

  • From: "Michael Griffin" <mike.griffin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 10:59:12 -0600

The one thing I don't agree with is...

"Now, when that happens, I can imagine a lot of different reactions. One
of them COULD be the feeling of being "violated". Someone doing
something in MY park without my permission."

I don't want to get too technical but, in reality, it is our park. Our
tax dollars. Too many times the ranger or superintendant forget that
being the steward does not award ownership. When they have this
mentality, it is time for them to go. They might manage it but they
still need to listen to the public majority.

I know it was not the point and no response is needed. I just ran into
someone the other day that called the park I was at "HIS" park and he
was very unreasonable about several things. I think I pay part of his
salary.

Mike Griffin