[GeoStL] Re: An actual geocaching topic...what do you think about the frisbee rule?

  • From: Michael Rogers <mrogers07@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 06:55:29 -0800 (PST)

True, but the rules say you need "adequate permission" to place a cache. For
instance, Jefferson City has an established policy on caching and rules to
follow when placing and finding the cache. This is not so in most areas.
"Adequate permission" to me means that if I can go enjoy the park within its
posted hours doing something that does not interfere with anyone (caching
generally follows this) then it's okay and allowed.

Apparently Groundspeak sees this point or over half the caches listed on their
site would be gone...

-Michael