[GeoStL] Re: An actual geocaching topic...what do you think about the frisbee rule?

  • From: "Bridget E. Griffin" <Bridget.Griffin@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:58:23 -0600

I agree!

Bridget

From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of tnands
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2008 2:55 PM
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GeoStL] Re: An actual geocaching topic...what do you think
about the frisbee rule?

Oh yeah ..  THIS certainly sounds like a safe topic ... NOT!

No frisbee rule. I don't want people tromping through my neighborhood
park just because they think they are entitled. There are several caches
in North County parks where you must walk right by the signs that say,
"This park is for the residents of THIS CITY and you must have a THIS
CITY ID ready to prove you are a resident."

When we cache in a new town (which is really the only kind of caching we
do now) we feel you have "invited"  us there  to show us something
special by placing a  geocache. It is your responsibility to make sure
you have the right to invite us.

If geocaching were an underground adventure in which part of the thrill
is knowing you are circumventing the law and getting away with something
then frisbee away -- otherwise, I think placers owe finders the most
basic respect in making sure they aren't encouraging something
detrimental to the finder or the environment.

Nancy