[GeoStL] Re: An actual geocaching topic...what do you think about the frisbee rule?

  • From: "tnands" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 14:54:30 -0600

Oh yeah ..  THIS certainly sounds like a safe topic ... NOT!

No frisbee rule. I don't want people tromping through my neighborhood park just
because they think they are entitled. There are several caches in North County
parks where you must walk right by the signs that say, "This park is for the
residents of THIS CITY and you must have a THIS CITY ID ready to prove you are
a resident."

When we cache in a new town (which is really the only kind of caching we do
now) we feel you have "invited"  us there  to show us something special by
placing a  geocache. It is your responsibility to make sure  you have the right
to invite us.

If geocaching were an underground adventure in which part of the thrill is
knowing you are circumventing the law and getting away with something then
frisbee away -- otherwise, I think placers owe finders the most basic respect
in making sure they aren't encouraging something detrimental to the finder or
the environment.

Nancy