[GeoStL] Re: Ammo Boxes and Group Hunt

  • From: Andy Sims <yutty_666@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 18:10:28 -0800 (PST)

-

My one and only cache is an ammo box.  I painted over
the yellow 50 cal. markings with black spray paint
just becuase I didn't want anyone to call the bomb
squad.

On another note.  I had a lot of fun today with all
you goobers that went on the group hunt.  Thanks to
Dan for setting it up.  I thought this would put me at
40 but I am mistaken I'm only at 39 :(

I'm off now to soak my whole body in amniotic fluid in
my sensory deprivation tank.  I did a lot of walking
yesterday and I'm sore all over.

Andy, Yutty, or whatever you feel like calling me
today.

--- Glenn <Glenn@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> -
> Ammo boxes are OK with the state parks as long as
> the box is labeled with
> "geocache". it is even better if the box is
> repainted and the yellow
> markings are removed (painted over)
>

> At 04:58 PM 12/27/2003, Paul Konopacki wrote:
>

><http://www.ammunitionstore.com/pricelist_ammoboxes.htm>http://www.ammunitionstore.com/pricelist_ammoboxes.htm
> >
> >I have been cleaning out all my old browser
> bookmarks for the year and
> >came upon this link.  I have ordered from them once
> before.  I have also
> >purchased ammo boxes from Uncle Sam's on Manchester
> Road in Ballwin.
> >
> >I was surprised to see the cache container for a
> new cache in Babler State
> >Park was an ammo box.
>
><http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=105621>http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_details.aspx?ID=105621.
>
> >I re-read the copy of the geocaching rules for
> Missouri State Parks and
> >the copy I have doesn't say that ammo boxes are
> prohibited.  However, some
> >government agencies have problems with ammo boxes
> and get really bent out
> >of shape if you use one as a geocache (the whole
> Sept. 11th deal).
> >
> >I prefer ammo boxes in the harsh and deeper woods
> vs. tupperware because I
> >have seem what animals and the elements do to
> plastic containers.  Ammo
> >boxes are so much more sturdier and resistant to
> snooping animals.

>  Mail List FAQ's:
> //www.freelists.org/help/questions.html

Subject field