[GeoStL] Re: Ammo Box Question

  • From: "Jim Williams" <jim.williams2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:54:12 -0500

You might try a box of baking soda.

Jim
  -----Original Message-----
  From: geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:geocaching-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Jen
  Sent: Sunday, July 10, 2005 11:34 AM
  To: Geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [GeoStL] Ammo Box Question

  Somebody gave me an ammo box with has an aweful smell in it.  I have tried
many things to get rid of the smell.  Left it outside opened for 3 weeks to
air, left bleach water in it to soak, scrubbed it numerous times.  But as
soon as you close the lid down that smell comes back.  I have even left
dryer sheets in the box hoping that would help, but the smell over powers
the dryer sheets.

  How does one get rid of a smell inside of a metal box?

  I hate to just pitch this ammo box since it is in excellent condition
other then being smelly.

  Hoping maybe someone else had and issue with an ammo box.

  Thanks for any suggestions.

  Jen

  Until one loves an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened.
  Anatole France