[GeoStL] America's Dumbest Criminals

  • From: Joe Taylor <rockey_f_squirrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2005 08:58:22 -0800 (PST)

-
All this happened Very, Very close to my Geocache site TO A SUNKEN CITY GCNDD8.

  For those who have not heard yet, the manhunt that has had St Louis Police
running around - even lit up them freeway signs IF FOUND CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY,
for the escaped fugatives, the fugatives were captured, one of them in Chester,
IL.

  Martin Moon, decided he would park his car along the roadside near Chester
IL, but coincidentally, happend to be on Prison Property.  Randolph COunty
Sheriff, Fred Frederking, stated upon questioning, that he never knew that
there was a prison right there.

  What makes it even more funny, is they split up, and when questioned the
reason for the split, Moon said, because the person he escaped with, broke his
leg, and he was slowing them down and was afraid they were going to get caught.

  When the police shined the flashlight in the vehicle, he threw the car in
reverse, and backed over a culvert, then fled.  But the K-9, with Officer Brad
Wolf, unit from Steeleville IL - MY HOME TOWN - was sent to the scene and the
K-9 traced him up a tree.

  These are officers I see on a day by day basis, so it is big news to see my
area featured on national headlines.  The police here get bored very quickly,
and they are well known for thier harassment, and unauthorized searches, but
that is the rural areas for you.  I bet Martin Moon, wished he never met up
with the Randolph County authorities

  Anyone who has done my geocache TO A SUNKEN CITY, upon entrance to the Fort
Kaskaskia SHS, may have notices the signs just accross the road WARNING
CORRECTIONAL CENTER PROPERTY.  Menard Correctional Center extends to 4 miles
from the Chester Bridge to where the State Historic Site is.

  I saw this on Channel 11, and 4, and also on Heartland News from Cape
Girardeau (12).  It was also on CNN, and Fox News Channel.

  Here are several links from news agencies,

  THE BIG STORY
  St Louis Post -
http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/news/stories.nsf/stlouiscitycounty/story/65EBC1D4A5B74D5F862570BD0017BD40?OpenDocument

  Southern Illinoisan -
http://www.southernillinoisan.com/articles/2005/11/18/top/10001587.txt

  Fort Madison Daily Democrat -
http://www.dailydem.com/articles/2005/11/17/news/news1.txt

  Fox News Channel - http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,176002,00.html

  MSNBC - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10083927/

  CNN - http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/11/18/inmates.caught.ap/index.html

Joe Taylor
IS IT FRIDAY YET?

Check out my NEW Web Page
Favorite GC - Stories and Adventures
UPDATED - JUNE 9,2005

Rockey the Flying Squirrell

 What is Geocaching (In case you are not in the Geocaching Mailing Groups)

Subject field