[GeoStL] Re: Advice requested

  • From: Sarah Chisholm <crowesfeat30@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2005 20:39:26 -0800 (PST)

Well I may be wrong and I am relatively new to this game but it seems to me
that if you don't find a cache - no matter how far you traveled - you should
log it as a DNF. The group of us who went to Hannibal/ Quincy/etc. had a couple
of DNFs & logged them as such. Some of us did e-mail the owners of those caches
to find out if they really were gone or not but did not insist that we get a
find when we did not find 'em just because we had traveled so far to find 'em.
I dunno, maybe if they had explained the situation & ASKED if they could log a
find it would be ok. I know that you, Rich, have allowed finds when one of your
caches have gone missing but in those cases you've been asked if a find could
be logged and the person has patently been in the correct place. Personally, I
don't feel right logging a find if I don't sign the log book. When (if) the
cache has been replaced I go back and then log it as a find. Whew!! Sorry about
the long letter... :-)

Sarah (Crowesfeat30)

GC-RGS <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I feel just the opposite. It's only a game but no one is a "real" winner with a
trophy or money, so if he needs 1 more find that bad, let him have it. Now if
he said something derogatory or gave something away in the log, then I'd delete
it and tell him why.

Bruce, where would he have to come from to drive 10,000 miles to get here
(besides in circles)? :-)

Rich