[GeoStL] Re: Ads on GC.com

  • From: "Steve Bromley" <bromley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jul 2007 13:00:28 -0500

-
Jack,

They gotta pay to keep the lights on somehow.  If it wasn't
for adds, the would be no incentive to provide anything for
the members who only maintain a basic membership.  If GC.com
thinks they can generate more add revenue, then that's the
price you pay to have a free membership.  I'm suprised that
they haven't done it sooner.  There is a price for a free
membership and that's the adds that they "hope" you'll click
on.