[GeoStL] Ads on GC.com

  • From: Jack Anderson <pandyandy3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 10:47:22 -0700 (PDT)

If you don't log on the GC.com you are now subjected to "Ads by Google" right
in among the cache listing pages.  I accepted the ads along the sides but I
think that this is going too far.  Of course if you log in then they don't show
up.

  What will be next?  Will we have to start putting ads in our caches for
people to see when they find the caches?
  Pretty soon caches will have to be like Rocfish's Bad Monkeys Toll Gate
(which I thought is a great cache) except they will take the toll and keep it
and we will have to start paying the proceeds to GC.com.

  OK, I know that I am going a little overboard here but it just reminded me of
all the billboards along the roads.