[GeoStL] Re: Additional Waypoints on Cache pages---Comments (probably controversial)

  • From: Glenn <GLNash@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:59:08 -0500

-
You have misunderstood the guidelines and mis-read my answer to a post a
few up.

Waypoints on the same cache do not have to be over 0.1 mile apart. They
have never had to be 0.1 mile apart and I have never requested that they
be 0.1 mile apart.   They DO have to be 0.1 mile away from all waypoints
of OTHER  caches.  So your "overlord " thoughts on this one are
misplaced.  Problem solved, NEXT....

Virtuals are "NO Good":
 Once again, you have misunderstood something along the way.
Groundspeak never said virtual caches are "NO GOOD". What they did
decide was that there had to be a better way to categorize,  list and
display them. Groundspeak realized that geocaching.com site was failing
to do the job properly.  The restrictions were too high, the WOW!!
factor could never be met, nothing was ever listed.   So the
"Overlords" fixed the problem.  They set up a whole new site that deals
ONLY with virtual locations, Locationless  caches, webcams and the like.
The site is  maintained by regular caches rather than "Groundspeak
Overlords" . Stuff is reviewed by your geocaching peers and it is doing
quite well. Missouri is starting to get quite a collection of "Virtual
Caches" in the collection.  On the Waymarking.com site there are no
distance limitations, they can be as close as they want to other
geocaches and waymarks. It's a fun site if you like virtual caches. It
is the "All virtual, all the time" show over there.  Try it, you'll like
it.  www.waymarking.com

PROBLEM SOLVED.... NEXT......

Your tour of of rolla micro techniques sounds grand.  If you abandoned
the idea before you start because of your misguided,  preconceived ideas
of the guidelines you will have missed an opportunity to place a nice
cache but then again, that will give you something else to blame on the
bigshots at gc.com. Give it a shot.  NEXT....

Now that I have cleared up all your misconceptions you should see now
that  geocaching is has not been ruined by the idiotic rules of all the
overlords and bigshots.  The planets will soon start aligning, Pluto
should be a planet again by noon , all should be right with the world
and you should be one  HAPPY  kind of guy now that you can see that the
geocaching is has not been ruined by the idiotic rules.

You just misunderstood the rules all this time and you have been unhappy
for nothing. If these same thoughts are shared by lots of common
cachers, they have also been incorrect and have never asked me about
them. They need to speak up rather than just take things for granted. No
need to apologize. This is what the newsgroup is for. Clear up
misconceptions and make people happy. :-)

 Now it is TIME FOR A LUNCH CELEBRATION!!!   (I think we are going to
Bandanna's in west county on Manchester at about noon)

OK, one new happy guy, 500+ more to go. NEXT??

Glenn
"we're here to please"