[GeoStL] Re: AT&T will cap DSL and U-Verse internet, impose overage fees

  • From: Andrew Senger <asenger@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 00:29:47 -0500

-
Looking at Charter's Acceptable Use Policy
(http://www.charter.com/footer/footerPage.jsp?tag=policies_resi_hsi_accep_use_policy):

14. NO EXCESSIVE USE OF BANDWIDTHThe Service is for residential use
and only within limits that Charter considers reasonable for the
service level to which Customer subscribes. Residential service usage
for Customers subscribing to the Lite or Express packages should not
exceed 100 Gigabytes ("GB") of data per month. Usage for Customers
subscribing to the Plus or Max packages should not exceed 250 GB of
data per month and usage for Customers subscribing to the Ultra60
package should not exceed 500 GB of data per month. Charter reserves
the right to revise or implement additional usage limits at any time.

It is a violation of this Policy to use the Service in excess of these
limits. In these cases, Charter may, in its sole discretion, notify
Customer of excessive use and (i) request Customer to employ
corrective or self-limiting actions to comply with this provision;
(ii) suspend or terminate Customer's Service account; or (iii) request
that Customer subscribe to a version of the Service (such as a
commercial grade Internet service, if appropriate) for use at higher
data consumption levels that align with Customer's usage patterns.
Charter's determination of the data consumption for Service accounts
is final.

Andrew Senger
asenger@xxxxxxxxx

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 12:24 AM, Andrew Senger <asenger@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Sarah, do you realize how much 250GB is? Charter currently has a 100GB
> cap, and I'll bet that 99% of people don't even come close, even those
> that play games that are constantly using bandwidth.
>
> Andrew Senger
> asenger@xxxxxxxxx
>

> On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 12:11 AM, Sarah Chisholm <sarah_cf30@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> This could be the end of AT&T UVerse!!