[GeoStL] Re: AND my new "addition"

  • From: Dave Keiser <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jun 2005 12:22:48 -0500

-
Hey, I HAVE A NEW ADDITION, TOO!!!!

It's been about a year since I haven't had a working GPS and I just received TWO etrex Legend's today! Yes--TWO--I bought a couple of bundled packages on ebay. Once I split the other stuff off and resell it separately, I'll still have a Legend left and I'll come out even. Which reminds me, anyone want a used Legend for $130?

So, I'll be hitting them caches a little more often now!!!

dave (fullquiver)

On Jun 24, 2005, at 11:21 AM, Bernhard G. Ver Hey wrote:

-
Jeff, I'm really happy for you. So glad that you have made the plunge.
Can't take you up on the camping offer as I am in Canada camping. Take
good care of your new posesssion. Bernie.

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 01:55:12 -0400 (EDT), "Jeff the Blue Bead Man" <bluebeadman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:

-
Here it is...this one is for Bernie, but everyone is invited to read
along...

While driving to Texas, I got to check out the Aliner camping trailers at
a RV place in Springfield, MO. Quite interesting, but the dealer was not
quite willing to work with me. So I moved on. Got to Texas and to a
little town just north of Austin called Pflugerville. Within
Pflugerville is a little truck camper dealer called "Princess Craft."
They carry the Aliner camping trailers plus a bunch of truck campers. I
stopped by to check out a special ALiner model called the Alite 4000. My
4 cylinder Ranger could EASILY pull that thing. Well, one thing led to
another. The Alite 4000 was WAY too small. The mid size model called a
Sportliner appeared about right, but the salesperson talked me into
hitching up the largest of the Aliner models: the LXE. I thought my
truck would die, or at least struggle with the weight of it, but I agreed
to a test drive with it. My truck didn't break a sweat...I got it up to
60+ MPH WITH THE "MAX A/C" ON before the Ranger gave any sign of a
struggle. Wow! Ok, what type of deal could I make? Well, not MUCH of
one, but enough, and I have now towed that Aliner LXE model from
Pflugerville to San Antonio, back passed Pflugerville again and all the
way to St. Louis. I camped a couple nights along the way. It has A/C, a
microwave, refrigerator with freezer, a tiolet and a shower, a furnace,
and several other things (gas detectors, etc) with plenty of room for one
person--possibly a couple others. Now, just one question remains:

Who wants to go camping this weekend??? Or any other time in the near
future? Let me know and we'll see what we can set up!

I'm SO excited!

-Jeff, the Blue Bead Man
the Subject field

--