[GeoStL] Re: A new addition to the SLAGA family.

  • From: "Jon Mertz" <jemertz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 20:09:17 -0500

Well there's the boring option based on Matt's cache name, which would be
simply elink.

Then there's the fact that three Links makes a chain, so any chain
references could work. Do we have a Chain Gang on our hands now?

Or the whole Zelda and Link video game series that you could play off of.
Calling a little kid Ganon (or Ganondorf) sounds so wrong, but could be so
cool. A little less wrong and far more obscure would be Shiek, one of
Zelda's alter-egos. Plus there's the whole fact that it sounds like Shriek
and I'm sure he'll be doing plenty of that in the next few years, and then
after that he'll still be doing it when he finds the cache. Another related
and extremely obscure reference would be "The King of Red Lions" which was
Link's boat in The Wind Waker. Extra bonus on this one: it's got both the
kid-like red lion reference, and the manly king and lion references, so at
first glance, it could apply as a kid or as an adult.
Are you ready for the Adventure of Link? Or is this A Link to the Past?

Or instead you could play off the first name. For example, Ethan Hunt was
the main character in Mission Impossible, so you could pull all kinds of
references from that.

Congrats to Matt and Heather, by the way.

-Jon