[GeoStL] Re: A better way to organize group cache hunts?

  • From: "Jack Konecker" <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2004 21:56:07 -0500

-
From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:32:35 -0700 (PDT)
> What is wrong with keeping it on the newgroup mailing list?
>  It is geocaching related after all.....

Nothing prevents anyone from continuing to plan group hunts here.

I was suggesting that there are more efficient way to organize the hunts
and offered a couple of possibilities.  Whether it is a quick overnight
decision or one with a few days to organize - a web tool that helps with
the organization doesn't have to be complicated to find our use.

It is nice to have data in one place that is persistent.  You don't have to
try to follow the thread to see what the current status is or who is
going.  More private communication between the individuals who are
planning to attend the hunt, without the entire SLAGA newsgroup
wading through each message.  Plus, it has been very painful for
me to watch some of the confusion regarding the basic info about where
everyone is meeting and when.

The forum we added at
http://www.geostl.com/phpnuke/modules.php?name=Forums
is a possible solution.  Use it if you like.  Post a link to the forum thread
here when a new hunt is first created. I think that Sara might be able to
help as the Group Hunt forum moderator, to assist the experiment along.
She might even design a web page or two off of geostl.com that is even
better than anything else that exists!

(konopapw)

Subject field