[GeoStL] Re: A better way to organize group cache hunts?

  • From: Dan Henke <thunder_monk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 21:32:35 -0700 (PDT)

-
Not just newbies.....I am with Susan ...I only have time to check one place
most of the time ...I only go into the forums if someone posts a link to it and
I have no idea about anything called evite or whatever. What is wrong with
keeping it on the newgroup mailing list? It is geocaching related after
all.....set up an initial email and get some responses then take it to private
mail. Make a final announcment on the mailing list stating all important
facts....date..time...place etc. when the day is close. so that anyone who
might be interested can go if they please. I do not worry if someone comes to a
group hunt of mine without telling me they are coming....it is not a big deal

Dan

xiTaqua <xitaqua@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
-
Sarah,

You bring a good point. Let me take this time to thank *gln for making
geo-caching a reality. If it was not for him and hundred of other
volunteers geo-caching would not really be here today.

I would think *gln would have to approve it only once. I don't think
that would be "hundreds" of group cache events coming up for *gln to
approve. But I might be wrong....

I think all the GC so far have been well organized, an example would be
today's Washington, MO. We had more than 10 people in attendance, we had
a list of GC to be done, we have a meeting place and time. I see no
reason why this would have not been a good candidate to be a GC event.

GC has a good system to keep those interested updated on what has been
happening.

We might even have MORE people attending if we put on GC instead of
doing a "third party" system or what we are currently doing. I feel the
whole purpose for GC is to include people, specially those just getting
started.

I don't feel newbie's will be able to navigate thru gc, slaga newsgroup
and a third Evite system.

Cheers !
Marcos.