[GeoStL] Re: A better way to organize group cache hunts?

  • From: Sara Gomer <outdoorlady79@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 19:05:20 -0700 (PDT)

-
Kono you didn't include the link.
Jack Konecker <jackkonecker@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:-
> how about using the gc page and submit as an
event.....
You are at the mercy of the gc.com admin's new cache
approval queue. It could be approved in a minute or take
days. Until it is approved, noone is going to be able to get
to that cache page (and it is possible that Glenn won't
be the one to review your submission). I've seen you guys
organize a group cache overnight.

> I was using the e-vite thing for some of the migc meetings
> just to see if the system worked.

I looked at it today, but didn't bother registering, so I can't
tell if it has all the elements that would provide the information
necessary to adequately plan a group event.

> Personally, the mail list works the best for me.

As I have stated many times before, every single email sent
to this newsgroup is archived on the internet. Everyone
subscribed to this newsgroup has to navigate through all the
back-n-forth emails that make up the planning of a group
hunt. Most of us aren't interested in its planning if we aren't
going to participate (I know that sounds harsh, but it is true).

> I personally would favor having a forum on hte GeoSTL
page that they could be posted on.

I set up a forum at the following link (temporary). If it
works out, I can put the forum back at geostl.com for
this purpose.

My final comment is: Not everyone organizes events
the same way. Having a tool that is easy to use and
to get to for organizing such events would provide
consistent info and take out some of the guesswork
on what info is necessary to provide. (and remove some
of the traffic from this newsgroup that isn't necessarily
of interest to most of us.)

(konopapw)

Subject field

Subject field