[GeoStL] Re: 60csx maps

  • From: "GC-RGS" <gc-rgs@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 10:08:01 -0600

-
Sara,

Right, WP's must be loaded thru the cable into internal memory, but maps can
be loaded directly onto the microSD card with a card reader. I've been
playing with the POI loader and it works slick. I took a bunch of the
springs in MO from the expertGPS loc file (Missouri.loc), converted to a CSV
and loaded them to the MicroSD thru the card reader. The comment field can
be used for additional notes (decoded hints?) also, and multiple DB's can be
used to for the custom POI's. Obviously a work-around for the 500 WP limit.

Rich