[GeoStL] 60 CSx Question

  • From: Fourfeld@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 13:56:28 EDT

I just picked up a 2 GB card for my 60 CSx and I've got a few questions.

My plan is to load as much of the U.S. as possible from Mapsource onto the 2
GB card and leave it in the GPSr.  I'll keep the 64 MB card that came with the
GPSr as a backup.  For example, I might put TOPO for a specific area on the
64 MB card.

Once I'm out in the field, can I swap cards on the run without loosing my
other stored info such as waypoints, routes, tracks, information stored in the
calendar, etc.?

Also, when I store the 64 MB card, do I need to take any precautions to keep
it from degrading?  I was planning on wrapping it in tissue to keep it safe
from static, put the tissue in a small ziplock to protect it from humidity, and
then keep it at room temperature.  Is this good, bad, overkill,
insufficient....?   What's the best way to store a memory card?

Hope you're all having a great holiday weekend and finding lots of caches.
I'm power washing and re-sealing my siding and decks.   Anybody want to trade
places?

Thanks in advance for the help.  I'll check back later.  My deck is calling
me.

Mark
Sniper1

 See what's free at http://www.aol.com.