[GeoStL] Re: 3000!

  • From: "Bruce S" <bruces1321@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2003 19:19:05 -0500

-

>From: "TKLNHL" <sydstyr@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Has Anyone done the math on this?
>
>  1 week = 7 days * 24 hours in a day = 168 hours in a week
>219 caches/168 hours = 1.3/hr for a 24 hour cache period
>
>OR could double the find rate during daylight only hours
>
>7 days * 12 waking/hours hours = 84 daylight hours
>219 caches/84 daylight hours = 2.6 caches/daylight hours

Well it really ends up somewhere between these numbers.  I usually start my
caching day on a caching trip somewhere around 6 or 6:30 am and usually end
around 9 or 9:30 pm.   Sometimes the days are shorter and sometimes longer.
I don't waste time with such things as eating until the day is done, usually
eating about 10 pm after setting up my camp for the night.  I also had
several "did not finds" and "did not finds" take about 3 times longer than
"finds"

Subject field