[GeoStL] 2010 MOGA Cache Hides

  • From: szcue@xxxxxxx
  • To: geocaching@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Nov 2009 00:44:00 -0500

-
I sure hope we all did a good job in not getting too close to the water's edge
when we hid caches for next year's MOGA.  Just read on the Mark Twain Lake
website a campground boat launch is closed due to flooding.

And closer to home, if we had our camera Saturday evening, we could have posted
pics of the Big River out at Bynes Mill.  ONLY thing in the park was about 6"
of sign boards and posts sticking out of the water.  Two subdivisions in the
area have been cut off from the water, AND Jim reports that HWY W going to
Eureka was closed this morning due to water over the roadway near Hoene
Springs.

DO NOT DRIVE IN WATER OVER roadways.  Looks are deceiving and who knows if the
road is even under the water anymore. Be careful out there.

Susie ~ quailman2

from this