[generalpediatrics-news] GeneralPediatrics.com News for September 2007

  • From: "Donna D'Alessandro" <donna-dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GP.CNews" <generalpediatrics-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 12:40:17 -0500

Dear Patrons,

We have added 30 new links since our last newsletter. Here are a few of the highlights:

For Professionals:

1. The National Heart Lung and Blood Institute has released a preprint for professionals on the new asthma guidelines that are due out later this year.

NHLBI - Guidelines for the Diagnosis and Management of Asthma Expert Panel Report
http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/asthma/asthgdln.htm

2. The American Psychiatric Association has a new page with all of their information for college age students. It is a good resource for professionals and patients alike.

APA - College Mental Health
http://www.healthyminds.org/cmh_07.cfm

3. The UK has released national guidelines for HIV testing.

United Kingdom National Guidelines on HIV Testing
http://www.guideline.gov/summary/summary.aspx?view_id=1&doc_id=10765

For Patients:

1. The National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Disease has new patient information about Hepatitis A and C.

NIAID - Hepatitis
http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/healthscience/healthtopics/hepatitis/

2. The Department of Health and Human Services has a great booklet on infectious diseases called "Understanding Microbes in Sickness and Health". It has nice pictures and really explains the differences in bacteria, viruses, etc.

HHS - Understanding Microbes in Sickness and Health
http://www3.niaid.nih.gov/healthscience/healthtopics/microbes/PDF/ microbesbook.pdf

Please send us your comments at: http://www.generalpediatrics.com/ Comment.html

Respectfully,

Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D.