[generalpediatrics-news] GeneralPediatrics.com News for December 2007

  • From: Donna D'Alessandro <donna-dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GP.CNews" <generalpediatrics-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2007 11:47:27 -0600

Dear Patrons,

We have added 14 new links since our last newsletter. Here are some highlights:

For Professionals:

1. American Psychiatry Association has a new guideline for the treatment of obsessive-compulsive disorder.
APA - Guideline for Treatment of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
http://www.guideline.gov/summary/summary.aspx?view_id=1&doc_id=11078

2. The American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology also has a new guideline for vaginitis.
ACOG - Guideline for Vaginits
http://www.guideline.gov/summary/summary.aspx?view_id=1&doc_id=10925

3. The American Heart Association also has another guideline for screening in athletes. AHA - Guidelines for Preparticipation Screening for Cardiovascular Disorders in Competitive Athletes
http://www.guideline.gov/summary/summary.aspx?view_id=1&doc_id=10794

For Patients:

1. The American College of Emergency Physicians has a nice handout on domestic violence.
ACEP - Domestic Violence
http://www.acep.org/patients.aspx?id=26270

2. From the American Academy of Family Physician's comes new information on nutrition.
AAFP - Keeping a Food Diary
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/healthy/food/general- nutrition/299.html

AAFP - Nutrition Tips for Kids
http://familydoctor.org/online/famdocen/home/common/heartdisease/kids/ 495.html