[generalpediatrics-news] GeneralPediatric-News for November 2006

  • From: "Donna D'Alessandro" <donna-dalessandro@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "GP.CNews" <generalpediatrics-news@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 15:59:19 -0600

Dear Patrons,

GeneralPediatrics.com has added 31 new links since our last newsletter.

For Professionals:

1. The University of Tasmania has a complete textbook of psychiatry including a pediatric section.

University of Tasmania - Psychiatry Textbook
http://eprints.comp.utas.edu.au:81/archive/00000287/

2. The New England Journal of Medicine is beginning to place several videos online including procedural videos for laceration repair and lumbar puncture.

NEJM - Laceration Repair Video
http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/355/17/e18

NEJM - Lumbar Puncture Video
http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/short/355/13/e12

3. The Centers for Disease Control has added a nice oral health resource page.

CDC - Oral Health
http://www.cdc.gov/oralhealth/

For Patients:

1. The Centers for Disease Control also has two nice resource pages on Human Papilloma Virus and the new Gardisil vaccine.

CDC - Human Papilloma Virus Infection
http://www.cdc.gov/std/hpv/default.htm

CDC - Human Papilloma Virus (HPV)
http://www.cdc.gov/nip/vaccine/hpv/default.htm

2. Influenza season is upon us and Cincinnati Children's has added a new page on Influenza.

Cincinnati Children's Hospital - Influenza
http://www.cincinnatichildrens.org/health/info/infectious/diagnose/ influenza.htm

At GeneralPediatrics.com, we always strive to provide the best information on common pediatric problems. Recently, we were very honored by reviews by the following organizations: the American Association of Medical Colleges, the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education and Health Education Assets Library (HEAL) National Digital Library.

We take your comments and suggestions seriously, so please send them at; http://www.generalpediatrics.com/Comment.html You can look at these reviews and comments at: http:// www.generalpediatrics.com/FanMail.html

Respectfully,

Donna M. D'Alessandro, M.D.
Curator, GeneralPediatrics.com