[gender-it] about Laurence Rassel + Digitales

  • From: "Sonja van Kerkhoff" <Sonjak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gender-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 17:26:55 +0100

Greetings everyone and Laurence,

I met Laurence briefly at a workshop at V2 in Rotterdam about a month =
ago (now).

Based in Brussels she involved with "Constant"
An association founded in 1997 with the objective of promoting, to the =
public and among artists, creative and/or critical works using new media =
in dialogue with other forms of expression. To do this, Constant =
organises exhibitions, conferences, workshops, publishes texts, with a =
view to developing the current media discourse.
More info (in English, French and Flemish) here: =
http://www.constantvzw.com/ =20

and=20
http://www.digitales-online.org/

which seems to have aims close to those of this list.

here is the intro about their next meeting, in December 2003 and there =
is a call for papers for this.

=20
Tell the stories * of women and technologies=20

Rather than falling into techno-phobia or becoming techno-fans, =
"Digitales" has always approached digital techniques with a critical and =
creative eye. They exist, they are here, so we might as well use them, =
understand them and make use of them in a way that will serve our =
objectives.

---

There is also a site on women and techology
http://www.ada-online.be/

but only in French and Flemish/Dutch

Sonja