[gender-it] Free-Libre-Open-Source-Software

  • From: "Sonja van Kerkhoff" <Sonjak@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gender-it@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 13:26:28 +0200

something I thought some people here would find of interest:

Floss is a new project "Free/Libre/Open Source Software: Policy Support" =
(FLOSSpols) was launched on March 1, 2004. FLOSS-POLS will work on three =
specific tracks: government policy towards open source; gender issues in =
open source; and the efficiency of open source as a system for =
collaborative problem-solving.

http://www.flossproject.org/

I was at a workshop last week given by people from FLOSS (ha, all male =
speakers...)

I have made a list of links of projects and can mail it here to the list =
or just to those who want it.

Also i have two photos i took after the IT and Gender workshop last =
September. Should I email these here or those who ask me for them? I am =
happy for them to go onto a website if those in the photos are happy =
about this. I am. They are web-sized.

love sonja