[gcfj] James Hollis

  • From: "Timothy J. Barhorst" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gcfj@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2009 21:28:25 -0500

GREATER CINCINNATI FRIENDS OF JUNG

WHY GOOD PEOPLE DO BAD THINGS:

REVISITING THE SHADOW

With

James Hollis, Ph.D.

In partnership with the

Contemporary Gestalt Institute of Cincinnati

"One does not become enlightened by imagining figures of light, but by

making the darkness conscious"  C. G. Jung

Lecture:  "Why Good People do Bad Things"  Friday, March 20, 2009  *
7:30 - 9:30 P.M.

For each of us there are energies, motives, agendas which operate
outside our conscious control and sometimes are contrary to our
professed values.  These energies, which Jung collectively identified as
the Shadow, might best be defined not as evil, but as that which makes
us uncomfortable with ourselves.  Such energies represent an enormous
invitation for greater consciousness, for living more ethically, and
whose integration brings a greater possibility of wholeness.  This
program will define and illustrate the many ways in which the Shadow
operates in personal and social life.

Workshop:  "Engaging the Personal Shadow" Saturday, March 21, 2009  *
9:30 A.M. - 1:00 P.M.

What is our personal shadow? How may we come to know that which is by
definition unconscious within us?  Dr. Hollis will offer a series of
exercises and questions that will lead to greater self awareness.
Please bring a note book and pen with which to journal.  An informal
lunch reception with Dr. Hollis will follow the workshop.

New Thought Unity Center of Cincinnati

1401 E. McMillan St.

Friday evening, use main entrance on E. McMillan for the Sanctuary

Saturday morning, use side entrance on Grandview for Friendship Hall

Doors open 30 minutes before events

Advance payment both events:  $35 members, $45 non-members

At the door:  Lecture: $8 members, $10 non-member

 Workshop: $35 members, $45 non-members

 Both events: $40 members, $50 non-members

CEU/RCH:  Friday 1.75 hrs, Saturday 3.00 hrs

psychologists, social workers, counselors, nurses, chemical dependency

James Hollis, Ph.D. is a Zurich-trained Jungian Analyst, and Executive
Director of the Jung Educational Center of Houston. He is author of
twelve books, the latest being, Why Good People do Bad Things:
Understanding our Darker Selves.

Call 513-984-2059 for more information

Timothy Barhorst - CCNA

Barhorst Consulting Group