[gatamembers] Opportunity to present at Artist Materials Expo Feb. 20-22, 2015

  • From: Anna Ford Smith <anna@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gatamembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:56:54 -0400

Hello there, GATA members!

I wanted to let you all know about another opportunity to outreach to our
community and share our expertise about art therapy. We have been invited
by the President of AME (Artists Materials Expo), Tom McDermott, to present
at the expo: http://artmaterialsexpo.com/about-us/.

We have discussed the possibility of GATA offering two presentations: one
would be geared toward students and provide guidelines as to how to pursue
art therapy as a career and the second would be more generally about art
therapy and how it benefits the populations with which we work.

If anyone is interested in being a part of this expo and providing a
presentation to educate the Atlanta arts community about art therapy,
please contact me! The deadline to provide confirmation of our plans to
present is August 15, 2014.

Please let me know if you have any questions or are interested in
presenting!

--
*Anna Ford Smith, LPC, ATR-BC*
Licensed Professional Counselor & Registered, Board Certified Art Therapist