[gatamembers] Meeting

  • From: "Teresa Woodruff" <teresa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gatamembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 13:34:38 -0400

Hi Everyone! We had a wonderful meeting on Saturday and missed those of you
who did not attend. Please put the following meeting dates on your calendar:

September 12th at 10:00am at Art It Out

December 5th at 10:00am at Suzanne's studio/home (for our holiday brunch)

During our meeting, we discussed what a wonderful success the Rubin event
was! We are so impressed by all who worked hard to put this event together.
Dr Judy Rubin herself mentioned that this was one of the most well-organized
events! A special "thank you" to Gayle and Kari for this.

We are trying hard to obtain Art Therapy licensure. I'm going to send out
another email to all of you with what you can do to help.

AATA has annual grants that they will award to chapters (if approved) for:
awareness and advocacy. We are going to begin the writing process for one of
these to help pay for a lobbyist.

AATA also suggested creating a video about Art Therapy. During our meeting,
we voted that we want to begin this process. We are investigating how to do
this. If any of you know a videographer or film student, please let us know!

The Little Shop of Stories in Decatur asked Cindy Long if GATA could
distribute art materials to those in need. We discussed possible nonprofits
who would need the supplies, such as: The Elaine Clark Center, Red Cross,
fire departments, We Cycle, Wellspring, various women and children shelters,
and City of Refuge Shelter.

We also discussed contacting Lynn Kapitan regarding a workshop for next
spring. We will contact her for dates and begin to discuss topics.

We'd like for GATA members to participate in our blog. Please write an
article and send to me for board approval. We'd love to get the word out
about how professional and creative our art therapists are!

We also discussed scholarships for our workshops and will continue to
discuss this topic with our scholarship committee.

Please email me if you have any questions.

Thanks and hope to see you at the next meeting (if not sooner)!

Teresa

Teresa Woodruff, LPC, ATR-BC, CPCS

Director

Art It Out Therapy Center

1640 Powers Ferry Rd

Bldg 3, Ste 200

Marietta, GA 30067

770-726-9589

<http://www.artitout.com> www.artitout.com

This electronic message transmission contains information from Art It Out
Therapy Center, LLC that may be confidential or privileged. The information
herein is intended solely for the recipient, and the disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this transmission by any other party
is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
transmission is prohibited. If you have received this electronic
transmission in error, please notify us immediately at the number shown
above or by electronic mail.

<https://plus.google.com/115014056689070294690/about>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/art-it-out-therapy-center?trk=vsrp_companie
s_cluster_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A251299281415112367869%2CVSRPtargetId%3
A4810605%2CVSRPcmpt%3Acompanies_cluster> <https://twitter.com/ArtItOut>
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-It-Out/102926913121301>
<http://www.pinterest.com/artitouttherapy/>

PNG image