[gatamembers] Licensure

  • From: "Teresa Woodruff" <teresa@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gatamembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 11:54:16 -0400

Hi everyone,

In our efforts for licensure, we need:

Letters of support: people stating that they support art therapy licensure.
Keep in mind that our key point of seeking licensure is that we want to
protect the safety of the public and that there is dire need for art therapy
to help patients/clients. Get any doctors, psychiatrists, psychologists,
professors, etc that you work with to write a letter stating that they
support art therapy. We need these!!!

Remember that right now, anyone can technically call themselves an art
therapist. People in Georgia have and can still utilize "art therapy", call
themselves an art therapist, and harm the public.

If you have any ties to associations (Social Workers, LPCA, etc), get them
to write a letter of support.

On September 10th 10am to 12pm, there will be a Child Mental Health
Committee meeting. Let me know if you can join us!

Teresa

Teresa Woodruff, LPC, ATR-BC, CPCS

Director

Art It Out Therapy Center

1640 Powers Ferry Rd

Bldg 3, Ste 200

Marietta, GA 30067

770-726-9589

<http://www.artitout.com> www.artitout.com

This electronic message transmission contains information from Art It Out
Therapy Center, LLC that may be confidential or privileged. The information
herein is intended solely for the recipient, and the disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this transmission by any other party
is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
transmission is prohibited. If you have received this electronic
transmission in error, please notify us immediately at the number shown
above or by electronic mail.

<https://plus.google.com/115014056689070294690/about>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/art-it-out-therapy-center?trk=vsrp_companie
s_cluster_name&trkInfo=VSRPsearchId%3A251299281415112367869%2CVSRPtargetId%3
A4810605%2CVSRPcmpt%3Acompanies_cluster> <https://twitter.com/ArtItOut>
<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Art-It-Out/102926913121301>
<http://www.pinterest.com/artitouttherapy/>

PNG image