[gatamembers] Fwd: Art Therapy - Research Participation Request

  • From: Anna Ford Smith <anna.s.ford@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gatamembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 20:33:50 -0400

Dear GATA Members,

My name is Sheila Lorenzo de la Peña, I am a doctoral candidate in the Art
Therapy program at the Florida State University. I am interested in*
analyzing relationships between visual expression and art therapist
resilience.  *To do this I would like to obtain the perspective of art
therapists on the contribution visual expression has on their perceptions
of the profession. The study is scheduled to take place in 2 phases, the
first of which is an online survey.  The second phase involves submission
of visual artifacts and the possibility of an interview.  *Participants may
choose to participate in the phase I survey without participating in phase
II.*

 I have included an introduction below which has been approved by the FSU
IRB for use in this research study. I have also prepared a flyer with a
hyperlink to the Phase I survey. I’m requesting your assistance in
distributing the survey request to your chapter members and if your chapter
has a Face Book page please consider posting the flyer or link there as
well. Any assistance will be much appreciated.

Please contact me with any questions, contact information below.

The Phase I survey can be reached via this link:

https://fsu.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_0oBI1tx8jLn0pmJ

Phase I survey introduction to follow.
 ------------------------------

Hello,

My name is Sheila Lorenzo de la Peña, and I am a doctoral candidate in the
Art Therapy program at the Florida State University. I am interested in*
analyzing relationships between visual expression and art therapist
resilience.  *To do this I would like to obtain your perspective on the
contribution visual expression has on your profession as an art therapist.
The study is scheduled to take place in 2 phases, the first of which is an
online survey.  The second phase involves submission of visual artifacts
and the possibility of an interview.  *Participants may choose to
participate in the phase I survey without participating in phase II.*

 Phase I - Study participants will be able to complete a web-based survey
estimated to take approximately 15 minutes to complete. Questions include
demographic information such as age, gender, professional status, and work
history.  The information collected will be anonymous.

At the end of the online survey, participants will have the option of
volunteering to take part in phase II of the study which involves the
submission of up to 3 images of visual artifacts the option to self
identify as a prospect for possible interview.

Any and all participation is voluntary and refusal to participate in either
phase I or phase II will involve no penalty. Participation may be
discontinued at any time.  However, you will need to complete the entire
phase I survey in order for the results to be used. Results from the study
will be used for academic purposes (ie. professional presentations,
conferences, publications).

If you have any questions or concerns regarding this study please contact
the researcher, Sheila Lorenzo de la Peña, at
Sheilalorenzodelapena@xxxxxxxxx, the supervising professor, Dr. David
Gussak at DGussak@xxxxxxx, or FSU IRB at 2010 Levy Street, Research
Building B, Suite 276, Tallahassee, FL  32306-2742, or 850-644-8633, or by
email at humansubjects@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Thank You for your Consideration,

Sheila Lorenzo de la Peña

Doctoral Candidate