Message from Principal

  • From: reker_d@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: ganews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2002 10:45:56 -0500

This message was generated by the GA News mailing list, for members of Guardian
Angels School and Parish.

Dear GA Parents,

On Thursday one of our 7th grade students, Ahsley Songhen, gave me the
following.  I read it to all the students on Friday.  Since I think it has
a lot to say to all of us, I thought I'd send it your way.  Thanks much to
Ashley!

DARTS

A young lady named Sally relates to an experience she had in a Seminary
Class given by her teacher Dr. Smith.  She says Dr. Smith was known for his
elaborate object lessons.  One particular day Sally walked into the class
and knew she was in for a fun-filled day.  On the wall was a big target and
on a nearby table were many darts.  Dr. Smith told the students to draw a
picture of someone they disliked or someone who had made them angry, and he
would allow them to throw darts at the person's picture.  Sally's
girlfriend drew a picture of a girl who had stolen her boyfriend.  Another
friend drew a picture of his little brother.  Sally drew a picture of a
former friend, putting a great deal of detail into her drawing, even
drawing pimples on her face.  Sally was pleased at the overall effect she
had achieved.  The class lined up and began throwing darts, with much
laughter and hilarity.  Some of the students threw their darts with such
force that their targets were ripping apart.  Sally looked forward to her
turn and was filled with disappointment when Dr. Smith began removing the
target from the walk.  Underneath the target was a picture of Jesus ... A
complete hush fell over the room as each student viewed the mangled picture
of Jesus;  holes and jagged marks covered His face and His eyes were
pierced.  Dr. Smith said only these words, "Amen, I say to you, whatever
you did for one of these least brothers/sisters of mine, you did to me."
(Matthew 25:40)  No other words were necessary;  the tear-filled eyes of
each student focused only on the picture of Christ.

God's blessings,

David Reker
Principal

(without the quotes).