[GameTalk] Re: question

  • From: "nicol" <nicoljacobus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gametalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2007 10:49:25 +0200

Sorry, I thought he is on this list.
thanks
-----Original Message-----
From: gametalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:gametalk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On
Behalf Of Damien - Co-Moderator
Sent: Saturday, August 25, 2007 12:19 AM
To: gametalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [GameTalk] Re: question

if you want to email justin, he can be reached at justind@xxxxxxxxxxxx

hth.

regards,

damien

Regards,

Damien C. Sadler - Co-Moderator
BSCGames Discussion
http://www.bscgames.com

----- Original Message -----
From: "nicol" <nicoljacobus@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <gametalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, August 23, 2007 7:08 PM

HI gophers
Yeh, I also wish Justin could update pipe. You know what I'm going to do?
I'm going to get myself sound forge and then I'm going to make 100
recordings of me playing pipe and then I'm going to ask someone like liam or
raul to host those recordings  for me then the people can see for themselves
that  levels 13 and 14 doesn't have any enemies.  I know there has been
members on the list who said they get enemies in levels 13 and 14, but I
think they are mistaken, because if you play a game you don't always notice
which level you are on.
I take myself, if I'm busy fitting pipes, killing spiders, etc. I don't
always remember on which level I am, so I have to press shift to hear my
level and score.
So a person might think that they are on level 13 but then they are in fact
on level12.
So I'm not going to argue anymore about this, I'm going to some day host 100
and I mean it  100 recordings of me playing pipe so that Justin and the
gamers can believe me.  Because if they can listen to 100 recordings where
no enemies appear in levels 13 and 14, then  it means that the game
definitely have been designed that no enemies appear in levels 13 and 14.
IN  the first place I don't complain about this. I would appreciate it a lot
if either thom randle or Justin could reply to my post, the gamers have
replied on numerous  occasions sayhing that they do get enemies in levels 13
and 14, now its time for the devs to reply to my query.
In the guidelines to the  bsc gaming list, it says that the list is there so
that Justin can get  feedback from customers on how to improve games.
Up till now, I have only been reprimanded for saying that I find levels  13
and 14 doesn't have enemies, no one has shown appreciation for my feedback
in helping Justin improving  the game.
And this is for Justin, please let only Justin reply to this.
Justin, I enjoy the game my friend. I'm a happy customer, its definitively
money worth spending,  I don't mind if I have to fit pipes on  the last 2
levels of the game without enemies.  The reason why I would like enemies on
levels 13 and 14, is because I want to use my special items.
Sometimes I'm in level13 and then I have a bug spray left and I wish to use
that bug spray.
Its not so exciting to use the bug spray without a spider being present, I
want to know that the bug spray I use has an effect.
I would like to end a game of pipe with an empty inventory, I would like to
use up all my items.
If you can add enemies to levels 13 and 14 and it then happens that I stil
have items in my inventory then its ok.
Now I turn my  face to the audience again, people do me one favour please.
I'm not asking tall orders, you want to convince me that Justin did design
the game so that levels 13 and 14 has enemies, just please make a recording
of pipe where I can hear that there is enemies in levels 13 and 14, then I
will believe it.
But in both raul and christian's pipe recordings, they used their bug spray
and flash light in the beginning of levels 13 and 14, without a spider or
rat being present, so then I couldn't get a chance to hear if there was  any
enemies.
I hope everybody understands why I need enemies in levels 13 and 14.
To come back to your question gophers. The electricity does present a
problem.
The  problem that  I had is that if I'm sliding towards the middle the sound
of the water still plays in the right side of my ear phones although I have
slided through to the middle, as a result I am not aware that I'm in the
middle and so I get fried.
But now I have worked it out, the second time my character makes the ouch
sound to warn me that  I'm under electricity, I'm definitely in the middle
of the level.
This I have discovered through much trial and error.
I pay  close attention to the electricity, say for instance at the start of
an electricity level, I hear  that the electricity is on my left side, then
it goes middle and then right. Left, middle right. Well it doesn't pan
accordingly, but if it starts on the left side then the next current should
be middle, that's obvious and then I can hear that the current  is  on the
right side.  So now I hear the ouch warning, so it's the second place on the
level where I'm sliding through electricity, now I have paid attention since
the start of the level, its left, middle, right, so now I can figure  out
when the electricity will be in the middle, and in this way I can slide
through without being fried.
But the problem that I'm still having, is occurring  from levels 1 to 4, in
the first 4 levels of the game, if  I get an electricity level within levels
1 to 4, there is only 2  places the electricity goes on and off, and    I
sometimes get confused.
There is only a left and a right electricity current, but sometimes  the
sound of the electricity doesn't play left and right, it both plays on the
right side, so I don't know which is left and which is right, and there is
where I till today easily get  fried.
If I hear the electricity first in the left side of my  earphones and then
the  right side of my  earphones I know when to slide through, but if both
the left and right currents plays in my right ear, its then that I easily
get  fried.