[gameprogrammer] Re: Variable Scope and g , l ?

  • From: "Alan Wolfe" <atrix2@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:38:45 -0800

Hey Daniel,

what language are you programming in?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Daniel Greeson" <thecrow815@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 4:30 PM
Subject: [gameprogrammer] Variable Scope and g , l ?

> Hi everyone,
>
>      Can someone help define Variable Scope to me I have a small idea but
not much of an ins or outs of it?  Also when working with global and loacal
does a global variable pretty much mean that the variable set ex. PUBLIC gX
that the variable X is able to be used throughout the whole code whereas the
variable set local ex. Public lX that the variable X would only be used and
a portion of the code?