[gameprogrammer] Variable Scope and g , l ?

  • From: Daniel Greeson <thecrow815@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 16:30:17 -0800 (PST)

Hi everyone,

     Can someone help define Variable Scope to me I have a small idea but not
much of an ins or outs of it?  Also when working with global and loacal does a
global variable pretty much mean that the variable set ex. PUBLIC gX that the
variable X is able to be used throughout the whole code whereas the variable
set local ex. Public lX that the variable X would only be used and a portion of
the code?

Thanks for your time,
(programmer trying to learn)
~Draven~