[gameprogrammer] Re: 3D C++/DirectX programmer wanted

  • From: "Laurence Grant" <larrygrant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gameprogrammer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 23:50:47 -0500

The entire backend system is being built on Linux and Oracle database, but
when developing for the masses in hopes to maybe (just maybe) building
something that others will use, DirectX is the only viable option.  We don't
have to like MS, but we'd be really foolish to think they don't dominate the
gaming industry for PC gamers.

Secondly, when speed counts, DirectX and C++ is the best approach.

Lastly, there is a chance it could be ported to Xbox, so why limit myself to
just PC, and if I have to choose between a windows and linux client or a
windows and xbox client, I'd choose the windows and xbox option since there
will be more opportunity to find interested gamers here.

But thanks for commenting.