``pair`` mode working !

  • From: Ben <benoit.allard@xxxxxx>
  • To: galileo <galileo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 23:24:17 +0200

Hi all,

I just got the fantastic news that the new ``pair`` mode is working !

This is a huge step for galileo as until now, you still had to use the
official fitbit software in order to perform the initial pairing
between your account and your tracker. This lifts that requirement,
making fitbit trackers more compatible with free software.

At the moment, the only documentation is the issue#33, we only saw it
working with a 'One' tracker, and the latest development version is
needed. If you wish to try it out by yourself, and if you feel that
the available information isn't enough, you can take contact with me,
and we can probably setup a live chat session.

If you tried it, and it worked for you, please share your success
story and experience to help us improve the process. If it didn't
worked, well, although it is still considered experimental, I don't
think you can mess up your account too much, check that your
information in the fitbit dashboard still is accurate, and please,
open a new issue with the failure you experienced, that's the only way
we can make it working for a broader audience.

Stay fit !
Best Regards,
Ben.