Finding a Fitbit

  • From: Michael Myers <myers13013@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: galileo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 21:24:01 -0700

Hi,
I just wanted to post a big thank you for this project.  My wife lost her
Fitbit and while I know there are "tracker" type apps we didn't have the
required phone.

I used the Galileo software in debug mode to repeatedly read the signal
strength (eg. "while :; do galileo -d | grep <trackerid>; done") and walked
a my Linux laptop (with the FItbit dongle plugged into it) around the house
watching it.  The value jumps around a lot (even if the laptop and Fitbit
aren't moving) but for anyone else doing this values in the -60 range mean
you're somewhat close, values in the -50 range mean you're very close.

Thanks again to everyone working on this -- much appreciated!