Re: Dump analysis

  • From: Benoît Allard <benoit.allard@xxxxxx>
  • To: "samuel-thurston@xxxxxxxxx" <samuel-thurston@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2014 17:39:40 +0200

Hi Samuel !

> On 18 Jun 2014, at 19:26, Samuel Thurston <samuel-thurston@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I'm working on analysis of the dump files presently.  Is there any known
> information about the format other that what's currently contained in the
> analyzedump.py?  It's certainly more than is on the wiki but still not much...

There is that java project on GitHub that progressed a bit further than we did:
https://github.com/hiptopjones/fitbit

However, that is about the previous version of the dumps, the "unencrypted"
one. Newer firmware/trackers are not using it any more. For the rest, beside
the wiki and the code, everything is there. Feel free to update the wiki with
informations from other sources, that's why it's a wiki !

> Also, how certain are you about the device identifiers?  I have a Zip that (I
> believe) is reporting as 0x28.

The values there have been read from dumps, so they are quite accurate,
however, it could be that the first byte of the dump is not meaning what we
believe it means ! Which would discard their meaning.

Keep us informed about your progresses !

Regards,
Ben.