Re: Data Synced by Galileo

  • From: Benoît Allard <benoit.allard@xxxxxx>
  • To: "<mrbmi513@xxxxxxxxx>" <mrbmi513@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2014 10:06:16 +0200

[Added Cc: Galileo ML]

Hi Brandon,

> On 21 Jun 2014, at 03:52, <mrbmi513@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> I have seen on some sites that only some data is synced by Galileo. Is all
> available data synced or only some? If only some, what data?

To my knowledge, we are synchronizing the whole data from the tracker with the
Fitbit server. But this is quite a tricky question to answer as we are only
synchronizing what we know (what we discovered by analyzing original
synchronization logs), and that it could well be that during our analysis, we
missed some bits. Or that some bits have been added later on, or ... The
possibility are quite endless as Fitbit refuses to document their protocol
publicly, and the latest version of their software encrypt the logs they
generate to impede our research even more.

Fortunately, to my knowledge, this is not the case as I've never heard of
people complaining about missing data or such. If it happened to be the case
for you, I'd be quite interested.

> Thanks! I am currently in the process of flashing a raspberry pi to run as a
> Fitbit-syncing server.

There are quite a few people using their raspberryPi for that purpose. Good
luck !

Regards,
Ben.