[fwgold-users] Re: very large unusual.log file on server side

  • From: "Gianluca Rotoni" <gianluca@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fwgold-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2002 09:13:01 +0100

Hi,

The unusual.log file is used mainly for debugging purposes. You can
zap it by typing cp /dev/null <path-to-unusual.log>

Anyway the fact that the file grows so rapidly is not a good sign, it
basically means that fwgold does not recognize those entries as known
FW-1 log entries and ignores them.

Could you send an excerpt of the file?

Regards,
Gianluca

> Hi,
>
> As explained in another thread of this mailing-list, I've configured a
> 5-minutes crontab job to update .rrd database files thanks to fwgold.
>
> The .rrd files are updated, graphics and .html files are generated
>
> But I've noticed a very fast growing .log file on the fwgold server side.
> I guess this file is used by fwgold.
> This file is named unusual.log and is located in /tmp (directory configured
> in fwgold.conf file).
>
> Each log entry seems to be added in this file, on a proprietary format.
> Is it possible to configure fwgold in order this file's size to be lowered ?
> Perhaps delete and re-create a new file once the last statistics to be given
> to the server instead of adding new entries ?
> Or can this file to be safely removed and recreated (touch) manually ?
>
> This file's size is nearly 40 Mo after about 1 hour of fwgold running.
>
> Thanks in advance for your attention.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> Arnaud

   To administer your account visit the site :
   //www.freelists.org/cgi-bin/lsg2.cgi