<FWG> (Section 31) "Revelations"

  • From: "Jennifer Black" <vulcan260@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fwgalaxy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 15:53:09 -0600

"Revelations"
by Vector and Spider

Passion.  Heat.  Friction.  Sensation after sensation.  Christian Deveroe,
known by so many other names, sank back into the silk sheets with a sigh of
relief, pleasure, and exhaustion.  The silkiness felt good against his bare
skin, and he mopped the beads of sweat that had gathered on his brow.  "That
was... wow."  He breathed a little easier than he had moments before, and he
placed his arm under his head for support.  It had been the best he'd had in
a long time, and it had been a long time.

Leaning up on his arm, his elbow pushed into the pillow, he looked at her.
She was beautiful, lying there just as tired as he was, but it had been
enjoyable for both of them.  "You were amazing.  I'd wanted to do that ever
since I first laid eyes on you.  We make a good team in more ways than one.
How are you feeling?"  A smirk tugged at his mouth, drawing his lips up and
back.

Her lips dragged languidly across his, and Fiona smiled at him. "I don't
think words are quite dscriptive enough." She stretched an arm across his
chest, smirking as she ran a tongue along her lips. "'Good' isn't not close,
'amazing', well, you used that one," the woman teased. "I'd call that a
successful beginning to an assignment, wouldn't you?"

A chuckle escaped his lips and he kissed her on the forehead.  "I'm not part
of your assignment, and you know that.  We're both between jobs, unless
sleeping with me was your assignment, in which case I think that the Section
has seriously misplaced its priorities."  Christian collapsed back into the
sheets with a yawn, "But that would be the best assignment I've ever
gotten.  Then again, I think that I should go deeper to uncover more
information.  Maybe two or three more times."  He eyed her mischeviously.

"You're making me want to be a double agent to play along with it." She
paused to consider. "Either way could be fun." She fell beside him, warm
flesh pressed against his. "Not to destroy pillow talk with breaching the
topic of work, but... any word in the higher levels on what we could be sent
in for this next round? Rumor, even?" An exploratory hand reached across the
muscles of his arm before settling on his shoulder.

Shaking his head, he exhaled.  "Secrecy is what they do best, what we do
best, so I haven't heard a peep."  Christian looked at her, "But, given the
my current situation, I'm perfectly okay with not having anything to do."

"I can't complain either. But you know..." Her hand traced along the side of
his neck, lips and tongue following behind in tantalizing motions, "I think
it wouldn't hurt to keep..." Another slow kiss, "... training on a physical
level... stamina and all that."

He broke, smiling and almost giggling.  "Yeah, you'll need it..."

"Oh now..." Her lips pressed against his, before working down his throat,
nibbling slightly on the flesh. "Well then, I have no doubt you'll assist in
that part of training."

His hands traced down her dashing curves.  "You are just too beautiful for
words."  Then, as if he had been struck dumb about what he was doing, his
hands, he stopped, looking at her.  "You've got to get serious, Fiona.
You've got to.  Things won't work out if you don't."  Christian then,
without thinking, practically rolled her off of him and sat on the edge of
the bed in all his masculine glory.

A trace of annoyed displeasure crossed her face. "Serious? In the field,
or...?" Letting the sentence dangle, she brought herself up behind him,
massaging deeply into his shoulders as she twisted her neck to look at him.

"In the field.  There's been..."  He paused, lingering momentarily in the
sudden relaxation of his shoulder, "talk.  I don't know what it means or
what it really is, but it's about you.  Just musings and comments made,
nothing discernable.  You just need to be serious about your work, about our
work."

"It's nothing serious," she dismissed quickly; too quickly. "Nothing I need
to even worry about. Everything is serious in our line of work. It's do or
die." She stopped her soliloquy, giving a nasty knot in the muscle an extra
bit of strength. "Or worse. I don't plan on dying out there."

Christian sighed, "See?"

She brought her hands to her side, irritation forming like a storm. "No, I
don't see."

"You blow everything off as if it doesn't matter.  That's how we die,
Fiona."  He stood up, pulling on his boxers and moving towards the
bathroom.  "One of these days you're going to go missing and it's because
you didn't give a shit."  His words came out, stinging with every syllable,
but what he had heard was true.  He knew more than he was letting on, and he
knew that she knew that from what he said.

"What is it you've been hearing?" she asked pontedly, confirming his
suspicions. "Do all of you think that I'm careless? Inattentive? Hell -- is
that why you've been sleeping with me; to get inside the brain of the
worthless agent about to be cut loose?" Weber drew the sheet around her.
"What aren't you telling me, Christian?" she asked, softer.

Christian moved back into the bedroom from the bathroom, a serious look
suddenly plastered across his face.  "I'm not telling you a lot of things
because I don't want you to get kicked out.  You're being assigned to a guy
named 'Sage'.  From what I hear he's the guy they send operatives to when
they're about to falter and die."  His words caught at the end of the
sentence, "I just... I just worry about you."

"I worry about myself sometimes," she admitted in a low voice. "It's exactly
what one signs up for in Starfleet, is it?" Fiona waited a beat. "They're
not sending me to him so I can die, are they? It's not a suicide mission?"

"No," he said flatly.  "It's to bring you back.  You are good, or were good,
no you are.  It's hard to explain.  Just go to him, follow his lead, do what
he tells you, and you'll be back to normal missions in no time.  Fiona, you
started out amazingly well.  Nothing but good things."  He crossed to her,
wrapping her in the sanctuary of his arms -- there was nothing like holding
her.  "Trust me on this, okay?"

"Okay." Fiona relaxed, her chin on his shoulder gently, and sighed. "I'll
trust you. I'll do well out there." Blue eyes went to look into his. "I
promise you."

"And," he pulled her chin up to face his, "stay alive so we can do this
again..."