<FWG> Re: (USS Meridian) "The New Right Hand"

  • From: Jason Ziredac <ziredac@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fwgalaxy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 22:06:46 -0800 (PST)

WHEE!!! Meridian's going again! WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Brad Ruder <kylepiercecpa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote: From the USS Meridian...
  "The New Right Hand"
  by Rear Admiral Kyle Pierce
  & Commander Anthony Manson

  So many names, so many credentials, so many qualified people for the job.
Kyle had sorted through endless amounts of PADDS, personnel reports, and
commendation notations all in the name of finding himself the most intelligent,
brash, and capable job to be his second in command. Needless to say, Kyle had
gone through seemingly three hundred applicants that were all the same.

  One name, however, caught his eye: Commander Anthony Manson. He was a young
kid, but not too young. He had a delicate face, but not too delicate. He had
the credentials, but it wasn't the cleanest. He didn't really know why he had
authorized Manson's  transfer, but he had and he wasn't going to regret it. Or
so he hoped.

  The chime on his door rang. Glancing at his chronometer, Kyle smirked. One
minute early, I like that. "Enter!" He called, settling into his desk. It was
showtime.

  Anthony walked in, hands behind his back and stood beside the empty seat.
Until offered, he wasn't going to just take a seat, something itched that if he
did the whole review would be gone to hell in a hand basket. But, not to be
rude, Anthony gave a small smile, a polite nod, and a simple greeting, "Good
morning, Admiral."

  "You want the job?"

  He raised his eyes a little, "Yes, yes I do."

  Kyle stood, smiling and offering his hands. "It's yours. Welcome aboard,
Commander, I look forward to working with you."

  Anthony grinned then, taking the Admiral's  hand and gave a firm shake.
"Thank you, sir." There was a momentary silence then, but Anthony lifted it,
"What's our current mission?"

  "Finish repairs, for starters," the Admiral said, easing back into his chair
and offering his new executive officer the other. "Then we've been asked to go
patrol some border planets that are currently not the site of a battlefield.
Given our present situation, that leaves like two. Uninhabited and out of the
way. Easy stuff."

  Anthony nodded, "I'll have the sensors modified, extend it a lightyear more
or so. And the short range sensors could use a boost..." He ran a list in his
head for things Operations could do. They were efficient, but it didn't rule
out that he found things that could use improvements. "Looks like I've got a
plateful, kinda sucks when your background is Operations," he half joked.

  "I've got a tactical background myself. That's  why our ship is the flagship
of the third fleet." Kyle jested in return. "We should be okay, just stretching
our new legs with our new crew. We've got a lot of them after what happened.
I'm sure they'll be looking to you as an example for how they expect to be
treated by new crew."

  Anthony nodded, "Understood. Is there anything else you needed done
immediately?"

  "No, not at the moment. It'll be a couple of days before we are prepared to
leave. And, even then, it's about two weeks out to the lines. For now, just get
settled, meet the people, and fit in." Smirking, Kyle knew just how hard that
was, but was sure that the young commander was more than capable of that small
task if he could command a starship. "We'll call a department head meeting the
day of our launch for all the formalities."

  Anthony nodded and stood up, "Shall do, if there's anything else, I'll go get
acquainted  with the crew."

Looking for earth-friendly autos?