[FSW Project] Re: project inquiry

  • From: Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 23:14:59 -0800

Scott,

Is there a particular reason why you need this information so suddenly?

I can answer general questions about the project for you, but regarding its inner-workings I won't be of much help since I wasn't deeply involved. I developed the first version of the website (very noob-level HTML+PHP), which was replaced with the database team's version which used bootstrap. After that came the 1337ness that is the current version, which was developed primarily by Jeremy and Robert (who are no longer with us) and uses a heavy amount of JavaScript. I was present a few times when they were discussing its creation, and the ideas behind it, but I do not by any means have a working knowledge of the system, unfortunately.

At this point our primary concern is deployment, which does not (if I'm understanding correctly) require knowledge of the system necessarily. I'm going to ping Jeremy for the password of the VM (Mikhail is prepared to break into it if necessary), and from there we can test the deployment techniques described by Jeremy briefly in his last email. After things are settled with the VM password, I'll be in contact with Harry about helping with deployment. Once we have a working method, we can attempt to deploy the VM on the FSW system and go from there.

I know I've said this before, but please let me apologize to all of you involved once again for how things turned out this semester. It was a result of a lot of miscommunication and timing issues, along with a bit of failure on my part. When things went wrong, I didn't know what to do, and because of that the project suffered. This is a learning experience for us all, myself included, but I apologize if I caused any inconvenience for any of you or wasted your time at all.

Having said all that, Scott, if you still require the information you requested, I can do my best to oblige but I wouldn't be able to do it this weekend unfortunately.

Regards,
Nate

On December 19, 2014 7:53:24 PM scott stetzko <scott.stetzko@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

hey Nate,

Sorry to bother you bro but I need for you to answer a few detailed
questions for me so I can write a report and some documentation on the
project. I know its not your fault not being able to work on the project at
all but thats precisely why I need your help. Since i didn't really get to
work on it I am lost on a few things. Here are a list of things I need a
detailed description of:

     - What is the project about?
     - Please give me a high-level overview of the project architecture e.g.
        database, front-end, etc and how they interact.
     - examples of user-cases
     - An overview of the challenges of implementing the system.
     - an overview of the solutions.
     - a description of how each component is implemented (one section per
       component) and how it interacts withe the rest of the system.

Please answers these as soon as you can because I need to finish this by
next week. Thank you for your help I really appreciate it.
--
*Scott Stetzko*