[FSW Project] HIPAA Requirements

  • From: Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Susan Sober <spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 20:58:53 -0700

Hello Susan,

We recently found out about an opportunity to get recognition for the work
we're doing with this project from a professional perspective. There's a
conference known as ISACA that's being held in L.A. that focuses on security,
information technology, and other related fields, I'm not sure if you're
familiar with it. Anyhow, there's an opportunity for us to present the project
to professionals who work or do research in those fields, from which I've been
told we could potentially extend our professional networks by attending the
conference and presenting the project.

Now that you have some background, let me first say that this won't have any
impact on you or your organization, since we'll be focusing on the development
of the project, rather than it's purpose, although that will be mentioned.
Having said all of that, I'd like to ask you what exactly you have to do in
order to comply with HIPAA. This will help us when we present the project,
since that is a big relation that the website will have along the lines of
security. Any information you can give us would be deeply appreciated, thank
you in advance!

Take care,
Nate