[FSW Project] Fwd: Re: FSW Project Update

  • From: Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2014 16:59:35 -0800

Hello Fellow Team Members,

Below you will find the latest email from Susan.

Mikhail, I'm not sure what to do at this point. We have a team of 4 members (Ashwin, Kathy, Scott, and Vihang) willing to work on the project, 2 members (Jeremy and Robert) which have graduated and do not have the time in their schedules to dedicate to development, and 1 member (Jaime) who did not have the time to dedicate to the project this semester and may return to us in the future, and myself (knows the ins and outs of the project and its requirements, but cannot help on the development side of things).

I know there was talk of deployment soon, and I suspect that what Jeremy wrote up on the wiki for our GitHub repo would suffice to get us started, but I cannot confirm this as I don't have the time to dedicate to development. With that said, I don't know what to tell Susan. I understand her frustration, but it's safe to say that it's not the fault of any individual, but rather circumstances and bad timing that has led to the project remaining mostly stagnant for the majority of the semester. We don't have the (student) resources readily available to deploy this right away at the moment, and learning what to do and how to do it will take time, so I need your help in announcing what we need to do next.

Regards,
Nate

*From:* Nathan Cobb <nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:nathancobb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>>
*Date:* July 28, 2014 at 8:08:53 PM EDT
*To:* Susan Sober <spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:spsblau@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>, Boris <bboris@xxxxxxx <mailto:bboris@xxxxxxx>>
*Cc:* fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:fswproject@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
*Subject:* *FSW Project Update*

Hello,

Since our last update we've encountered what should be the last handful of problems with the system before we're able to make it available for you to download. You may have noticed that I said /system/ rather than /systems/, which is because in our last meeting we decided to merge the systems into one for simplicity and convenience. After diving into merging the two systems, we realized that there were problems that we did not foresee previously, but I'll spare you the description of those problems and instead let you know that we're working hard to correct them as soon as possible.

I'll keep you updated on our progress with that throughout the week, as things change. I apologize for all of these minor problems that have been delaying our delivery, but you can be sure that we'll be delivering the system to you in a state which we think you'll be satisfied with and you'll find to be worth the wait!

On a side note, could you have Boris get back to us on those questions that I sent out in my last email? We'd really appreciate if we could get those answered as soon as possible so that we can avoid any further delays on top of the minor problems we're encountering with the merge.

Until next time, take care!

Thanks,
Nate

--